From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:51:51 -0600
I was thinking back to when I began sharing my life with ferrets.  We were
blessed with Nipper as a wedding present.  Had I not gotten married I would
never have been blessed with this adorable intelligent creature.  Shortly
after my divorce I founded Ferret Family Services and started taking in
ferrets.  Had I not gotten divorced, I would not have had this opportunity.
Through all the years we've suffered many medical conditions.  Each one
allowed me to learn so much and to help others.

I try to find the silver lining to each experience.  Sometimes when it
seems so bleak, it takes longer to find, but I've always found one.

I try to be kind to others, to not be too critical of their practices, and
to share my experiences in hopes they will help others.

Ferrets are the most wonderful creatures and they have taught me so very
much.  This is what I think about when I'm too tired, emotionally drained,
or financially strapped to go on and it helps me to find the strength to
continue.

Queenie died in my arms this morning at 12:10am.  Kidney disease.  We
shared our love for almost 5 years (she was 2+ when she joined our little
family).

In her memory, please spend a little extra time with your little ones.
They won't be here forever.

Warm hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services