From:
Claire Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 08:15:36 -0400
HI  --
I think some of the furor about comments made re shelters stem from a
misunderstanding.  The quote below implies that Di Bachmann ran a shelter
(or one could read it that way).  She didn't; she was just a backyard
breeder,

>the shelters .... that do have this open door policy are not the ones
>you need to be concerned with..  If the neighbors had not complained
>this episode would not have been discovered!!  This is just my 2 cents

I suspect (being the sort who likes to think the best of people) that
the original poster thought Di B. was running a shelter.  If you read
the posts with this in mind, then wanting to know more about shelter
operators makes sense, and if this interpretation is correct, no
criticism of the rescuers was meant.

Hoping to spread balm upon the waters...
Claire