Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:08:14 -0500
This problem sounds exactly like my problem with Riley and Rowdy.  Riley
was very aggressive toward Rowdy... often ending in poop and blood.
Rowdy would scream at the sight of him.  We tried everything, but what
finally worked was 'ferret dunking.' We would fill the bath tub with warm
water and put the two ferrets in every time they fought.  They were so
concerned about how to get out that they forgot to fight.  They also
picked up *very* quickly what led to the dunking.  It took about a week,
but the fighting stopped.  Just make sure the water is shallow enough
that they can easily stand with their heads above water.  It's important
to always stay in the room and watch them so that nothing happens.
Slinky and Spritzy, my other ferrets, thought this was quite entertaining
and would happy dance every time it happened.  They are now all the best
of buddies and sleep in one hammock together.  Hope this works for you
too.

Jess