From:
Vicky Edinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:55:54 -0800
hi friends,
i'd like to pose a few questions specifically to individuals that have
been tested by a physician/allergist and are allergic to ferrets.

background... i was allergy tested a few months ago and am allergic to many
things.  i have a mild allergy to cats and my allergist told me that based
on that, i might also be allergic to ferrets.  ferret was not part of the
test, so i don't know for sure.  my own personal ferrets (2 altered hobs,
1 altered jill) do NOT bother me at all.  however, when attending a recent
show i was surrounded by many whole males.  i've read on here recently that
some people are only allergic to whole males.

questions...
1. what tests did your allergists perform?  mine looked in two supply
catalogs and neither had ferret available.  she is currently checking if
the hospital has ferret as a rasp(?) blood test.

2. what supplier did your allergist get the test from?

3. what supplier does s/he get the syrum(?) to put in your allergy shots?

i currently have weekly allergy shots and had also taken my allegra before
attending the show.  regardless, it basically triggered a sinus infection
i'm now battling.  because i've started attending ferret shows about once
a month and visit ferret shelters occasionally, i'd really like to get
treatments for ferrets if i am indeed allergic to them.

i really need very specific answers.  any technical information you can get
from your allergist would be greatly appreciated.  my allergist has NEVER
encountered this before and doesn't know where/how to test me for it.  you
can reply to my email addy if you want.

thanks so much, vicky :)

=====
* Do your best and then sleep in peace.  God is Awake. *

murphy, peyton, potter :o)  jonah, and pepper ^..^  say hi!
meet them at... http://www.geocities.com/vedinger