From:
Johanne Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:56:20 +0200
We had to take our little boy to the vet's last week because he stopped
eating and was totally lethargic.  The diagnosis was "constipation".  The
vet asked if surgery was an option, and of course I said yes.  The vet
said we could try to loosen it first.  Castor oil up his back end was the
suggested cure.

He ate nothing for 3 days and drank only a little.  His poop was yellow
slime and castor oil.  He slept and slept.

Then one morning I found slime, castor oil and a small plastic screw of
unknown origin - the head about 5 mm in diameter.  After that he began to
drink normally, but was still off food.  After 4 days I could tempt him
with chicken, whipped cream and pork rind.

Now after seven days he has begun to eat his normal food.  He used to be
a big boy of about 2.2 kg, now he's skin and bones, but relatively lively
and interested in life again.  I was actually amazed that he could get on
without food so long.  Can't tell you how happy we are to have him back to
his almost-normal self!

Johanne