From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2013 08:06:11 -0400
Sarah Senior Reporter
Daisy Cub Reporter
May 2013

Sarah Here: Wooo Hooo things are heating up here at the shelter, our
clinic day event is just around the corner June 8th if you want to
join us you can find more about the day here,
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Calendar.html

If your fur kid needs to see our favorite doc the registration form
is also available. Don't have a fur kid of your own; you can rent
one of us for the day we would love to be a part of the fun!
http://www.ferretfarm.org/docs/Clinic_Day_2013_Registration.pdf

You can find pictures of our past events here
http://ferretfarm.org/zenphoto/

Mum is almost done with the Big Yellow Thingy she has just 21
days left.

Daisy Here: Hey Sarah don't forget about the paper campaign that runs
right up to and including clinic day. Lots of folks have helped us get
poopy pick up papers if you want to be included in the raffle for the
$50.00 gift certificate from RodentPro you can find more information
here on how to join in.
http://www.ferretfarm.org/PossumRants.html

We have had some campers this month, Stitch E. Pudge and Henry R spent
some time with us at camp. Mum loves it when shelter kids that found a
new 4-ever home come back to visit us for camp. There has been lots of
sad news this month, several fur kids left for Rainbow Bridge; Hannah
K. Radar O'reily L Han B. Hershey B. and April W. So sad we lost so
many fur kids! Fly high little ones you will be missed!

Sarah Here: The new family that was here a bit ago with the 2 furless
kids, their mom said the kids have not stopped talking about Hammy and
Pickles. We hope they join us clinic day to spend the day with Hammy
and Pickles out in the play yard. Several new fur kids have come to
live at the shelter. Mum got a call from a family that their ferret
had been mauled by their dog and the owner said they were told it was
going to cost a $1,000.00 to get their ferrets broken leg fixed they
could not afford it. Mum told the owner she would call him back.

Mum called Our Favorite Doc Edwards to ask if we could send this little
guy in, no point in bringing him to Naples when he needs immediate
medical attention. Doc agreed to see him, so Mum called the owner back
told them she was emailing a surrender form, they were to take little
Sho to Doc Edwards ASAP. Sho is now feeling better; Mum can not keep
him from climbing she found him up on top of his bunk.
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Sho/Sho.html

Mr. Tom N picked Sho up from Doc the day after surgery and met Mum 1/2
way to get him home. Then Sho had to go back up a week later because of
an infected sore on his foot so Miss Donna Z took him back to Doc, then
Miss Jackie and Mr Bob went up to get Sho from the hospital the next
day to bring him home to Mum. Sho will be seeing Doc on clinic day to
determine when to take him back for more X-rays to see when the pin
will be removed from his leg. Bella and Spencer were surrendered
shortly after Sho was surrendered
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Bella_Spencer/Bella_Spencer.html

Daisy Here: We had a new family stop by to hang out with us fur
kids, wonderful folks, the grandma had ferrets years back and her
granddaughter is thinking about adopting a ferret. Grandma said she
filled in the mailing list that Miss Tori put on our site. We are
so excited that the envelope on our home page is so successful!
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Contact.html#signup
Thanks Miss Tori!

Miss Jackie was here 2 days in a row to help around the shelter she
also takes our pop cans back for us. Miss Janette stopped by, Miss
Donna rode her motorcycle to Naples with a friend, she had forgotten
to bring Mum yogurt the day she came to help so she used that as an
excuse to ride her motor cycle to Naples, thank you Miss Donna for
helping us take care of our Mum!

Miss Donna was here the same time the other new folks were here. They
are great young folks, they both go to college and work part time

Miss Kelly has 3 ferrets at this time. They were so surprised their
eyes lit up and mouths dropped when they walked into our ferret room.
Mr. Zak and Miss Kelly played with us fur kids then they said they did
not have to be in a hurry to leave so Mum gave them a job to do, they
mixed food for us. That is not a hard job but a time consuming one so
when Mum has to do it, it takes her several days to complete. Miss
Kelly and Mr Zak got it all done in a couple of hours. Miss Ili was
here to clean up our play areas we messed up!

Miss Donna is happy to have nice weather she keeps our property looking
awesome, Miss Ili came to help get us caught up, she comes once a week.
Miss Cathy D stopped by; wow it was good to see her; she used to love
on Possum when she stopped by, no Possum to love on any more! Mum
really misses Possum! Miss Jackie came over again to help Mum get all
the paper products that were in the van in the house, then Miss Jackie
got them unpacked and put on shelves. Wow you guys sure help get us
poopy pick up papers! Once Miss Jackie got the paper products put away
she went out to the yard to rake the leaves Mum had started raking days
ago. My far away mom Marcia got here a bit after 11 and we got started
on the list Mum put on the chalk board. Me and far away mom went from
room to room together all day. I like to help far away mom when she
comes to help Mum do things.

Sarah Here: At one point that same day Mum headed outside for something
and got a surprise! Mum discovered Miss Ili was out in the yard working
on the flower garden. Miss Ili made the garden beautiful! It was not
too long after that Miss Meagan pulled in. Miss Meagan is new to the
shelter she knew the humans that owned Sho before he got hurt, she
contacted us about adopting Sho right after his surgery. We like
Meagan we hope she comes back soon, she is a good helper!

While Miss Marcia worked on the odds and ends Mum had on the board Miss
Meagan and Mum got the window in the playroom fixed it was cockeyed,
then they got the window fan put in the bottom part of that window so
we can use it to exhaust the warm air when the AC is not needed.

It has been a busy busy month, and it seems it is going to continue
to be until clinic day is over. We hope you will come join the fun
that day.

We got word from Big Foot's far away mom Susann T that she is moving
out of state she and her husband are going all the way out to WA. We
are happy for her but she will be missed! She has been a wonderful
shelter supporter and has adopted a lot of fur kids from us for years
and years!

Well Daisy I do believe we have all the notes Mum had at the bottom
of this news reported, what do you think are we done or do you have
something to add before we close?

Daisy Here: Yes I do have something to add, we as in me and Sarah have
stated doing interviews of folks that are a part of our shelter far
away and hands on. Miss Tori is working on a special page on the web
site just for the interviews, Miss Sue is doing a special graphic
design of me and Sarah for that page, Miss Mary Ellen picked the name
for the page it will be called "Getting to Know You". We are really
excited to start this new project so don't be surprised if you get a
note from us asking if we can interview you.

I guess that is it for this month Sarah. See you next Month

Daisy

Brenda Johnson
Shelter director
<http://www.Ferretfarm.org>