From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:20:04 EDT
>As far as I know they are just plain old frogs and what she would do
>with them I have no idea but she does pull them out with her mouth.  She
>just loves to dig to much I hate to stop her.

They are probably harmless but it depends on where you are.  Here in AZ
Colorado River Toads have killed lots of dogs.  They secrete a poison
from a gland near their heads.  Gross.

Call your local animal control, wildlife svc. and ask what kind of frog,
toad, you are finding in your yard and what danger it might posses to your
pets.  Most frogs aren't that toxic otherwise nothing would be able to eat
them.  And if you are watchful and she dosn't hurt them, I wouldn't worry
to much.  But CALL your local services and see what they have to say.
LOL, they are probably endangered.  JK.

Sharon