From:
Frederico Baumhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 13:11:22 -0500
Hi everybody.

I have had my Ferret Sigmund since last July when he was the last one left
in the Pet Store.  It seemed like no one wanted, and I thought that he was
abused.  He was already 4 months old when I got him and even though he was
pretty big, he is still a baby to me.  Some months ago I found out that I
was going to England to work, and then I found out about their six month
quarantine for rabies.

So after long agonizing I decided that I would rather give Sigmund away to a
good home here than subject him to a quarantine in England in some cage for
six months.  I am sure that Siggy would not be the one to Ravage England
with disease or anything.  How Ironic, no rabies, but no one can eat English
meat because its unsafe.  My point is this, now that I know that I only have
a month left with Siggy, I realise just how much a part of me he is and just
how much I will miss him.  I sometimes see flaming and people all upset and
defensive on this page.  I cant begin to tell you all just how lucky you are
that you dont have to pick up your little guys and look at them knowing that
they will be gone next month.  I swear that Siggy knows that something is
up.  Its like his behaviour has improved 1000% in the last weeks.  Its
almost as if he in his little way is trying to convince me to keep him.  But
I cant, because I love him too much.  So next time you feel like yelling or
screaming at someone on this list remember that at least you still have a
Ferret, with all their cuteness, and all their personality.  If a Ferret
tries to behave to get me to keep him, why cant we behave towards each
other.  I miss my Ferret already, and I will love Siggy always....

Frederico Mocellin Baumhardt
Carleton University, Ottawa Ontario
See Sigmund at http://wabakimi.carleton.ca/~fbaumhar