From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:35:08 -0000
Pamala/Johan Mommens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>On our site we wrote that declawing for ferrets should only be done as a
>last resort.  Since we got so much response on this by ferret lovers, we
>decided to change this by "should never be done"... I would like to hear
>your opinion about this.

IMO anyone who takes the responsibility of caring for an animal should
take it as it comes - neutering being the only exception.

Animals are not possessions to be moulded to our own way we think they
should look or behave i.e. ear cropping, de-clawing, de-scenting,
de-barking etc.

I can't see that de-clawing an animal can benefit it in anyway, in the
case of a ferret it is nothing short of mutilation.  Ferret owners that
insist on this barbaric operation being carried out are not fit to own any
animal - they should stick to stuffed toys, at least they won't scratch
furniture and dig holes in the carpet.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.