Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 20:17:13 -0400
I hope someone can help me out with this one.  I have a 5 year old male MF
fuzzy, his name is Ronnie.  He has mild insulinoma (controlled with diet and
small amount of pred).  He also has cataracts.  Lately, I've noticed that
his eyes look a little bulgy (he has THE MOST BEAUTIFUL eyes - everyone says
so) and you could see some of the inner eyelid in the corner, so I made an
appointment with a veterinary ophthalmologist (he's been to see her for the
cataracts already).  She says he now has glaucoma.  She prescribed "Timolol
Maleate Ophthalmic Solution .25%".  She says she's not sure how it will work
in ferrets and that we must re-check frequently.  My question is, does
anyone have or had a little one with glaucoma?  Did they respond to
medication?  If they didn't what did you do?  Any experience, good or bad
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer  and
Ronnie (the World's Most Beautiful Ferret -- no really, he is!)