Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 19:38:02 EDT
Dr. Williams wrote:
>If you feel a discrete tumor, lets get it removed ASAP, as tumors on the
>prepuce can be very malignant.

I can only agree - PeeDee was diagnosed with Prepucial adenocarcinoma, and
has had three surgeries to remove the growths.  All testing of the tissues
showing not only was it malignant but possibly metastizing.  But PeeDee is
doing great - what a happy fella he is!  Eating/drinking well, no other
problems...

But Dr. Williams - I do have a question for you: Have you ever had a ferret
whose bacula was constantly protruding?  Leo is a stray, about 3 years old
and you can always see at least the hook on the end, and sometimes as much
as 1" of his penis!  A thorough exam by our vet (Dr. Hulls asked to pass
along his greetings!) showed no abnormality or possible reason.  Its not
broken or swollen - its just out!

He is currently on Septra but that is ending today (14 day course).  He
isn't in any pain, doesn't lick excessively and other than this, a normal
happy ferret.  Ideas are welcomed - Thanks!

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854