Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 20:18:25 -0500
Greetings and Hallucinations!

I am Jean Caputo-Lee, and I have been under FLO control since 1992.  My 13
year old wanted ferrets for his birthday, couldn't find much information on
then, but after reading what we found I said sure!!!  (Well, he had a
hamster that lived too long, was leash trained, and he paid for vet visits,
now why on earth would t hat change?) He discovered football.  Mom took the
ferrets.  (I have always taken in animals and found them homes, but I was
brain washed by FLO and kept them)

After folks found out I had them, the shelter got it's unofficial start.  I
would have kids and parents bringing them to me, telling me to find them a
home or keep them.

During that time I had spoken with Linda Harrah several times, when I
finally got to meet her, I told her I was thinking about becoming a
shelter, she looked at me and said, "Well duh!!  What the heck do you think
you've been doing?  Playing tidily winks?".  And to be honest, I never
thought the shelter would grow to the size it is now.

The population in the house of ferrets varies from month to month.
Currently we are at 72.  18 personal, 54 are shelter kids.

How did I hear of the FML?  Bev Fox, Northcoast Ferret Shelter.  Heck, this
is all Bev's fault.  (It is your turn today Bev <G>)I didn't even own a
computer until a couple of years ago.

One thing that I have learned from all this is the shirt that says "You can
never have too many ferrets" is WRONG!!!  Who ever thought that one up
never had 78 shelter ferrets at one time plus the personals.  (Talk about
poop!)

Must go.......ferretone, duck soup...... FLO member require human to serve
them.  Cannot fight the mind control.  (Must be the poop fumes)

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Cleveland, Ohio

PS  Jeanne, email me, there is a great ferret club in
Cleveland, and we are trying to organize a show.