From:
Heather Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:17:02 -0700
Hi, I have a problem I am hoping some of you might be able to help me with.
I have this 8 month old ferret (BooBear) and 2 4yr old ferrets (Leroy & Mr.
Magoo) and 2 2yr olds (Cassie & Squeaky) Well since I got BooBear all the
other ferrets other than Cassie literally beat BooBear up.  He just lays
there and lets them hurt him.  Cassie is the only ferret I have that gets
along with BooBear.  I went on vacation for a week and before I left he was
very healthy he hissed when he played and was VERY active.  Leaving them
with my husband, I get back and he has lost weight he won't play and half of
the hair on his neck has been torn off by the other ferrets.  I am trying
real hard to keep every one apart but it seems that he is depressed now and
well broke...like a horse.  I am very upset by this change.  Does any one
have any advice as to what to do.  I wish I knew how to make him defend
himself.  He is bigger than all my ferrets so if he learned how to defend
himself I believe they would leave him alone.  I have seen them literally
sneak up on him to attack from behind and all he does is scream and cry.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Heather and poor BooBear