Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 23:33:24 -0500
I have a question about a new Vet charge... Last year Fanny's fingernail
got caught in her cage and ripped out.  I took her to the Vet because I
was worried that something might happen since it was bleeding.  He had to
coterize (spelling) her toe and said that her nail would never grow back..

Well... It did grow back and it looked very weird and not normal.  I have
been cutting her nails all along but never cut that one because I was
afraid by the looks of it and it seemed sore to her when we touched it.
So I took her to the Vet last week to have him cut it.  I called and made
the appointment and asked how much to cut fingernails and she told me
$10.00.  But he charged me $50.00 after he cut it !!!!!!  Just to walk in
there and have him cut 1 fingernail.  He said he didn't charge to cut the
nail, but his insurance went up sky high for exotic animals so he has to
charge $25.00 just to have a ferret/exotic animal come in his office and
$25.00 for the office visit.  Has anyone heard of this "Exotic Animal
Fee"?  I am wondering if my vet is trying to make extra money or if this
is something that is common.  Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Tina and the good girls, Fanny, Sissy Marie and Yella