From:
jennifer robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:11:44 -0800
Whenever my ferrets begin to act agressive or "overly attentive" toward
eachother with no other adrenal symptoms, I always do the adrenal test.
The test has ALWAYS found them to have adrenal disease. I have one girl
who had slightly high estradiol levels about a year ago. Since this is
the "high hormone" time of year, I gave her 6 months of lupron shots
and retested her at the low time of the year once the lupron shold have
worn off. All of her parameters were within normal range. I let her
go without lupron for the next couple of months and retested her in
January. Her levels were back up and were higher than last year. So
much for the idea that the disease may not progress or may even settle
back down if we supress her hormones during the "high hormone" times of
the year (Sigh!)

I recommend doing the adrenal test, and I recommend that you address
treatment options with your vet. If you don't have a good ferret vet, I
recommend trying to find one, especially since opinions on how to treat
adrenal disease very quite a bit these days.

Good luck with you ferret...perhaps you'll be lucky and adrenal disease
won't be present!

-jennifer