From:
Serena DeCastro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:40:38 -0600
Hello fellow ferret lovers,

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post about Baby, the
adrenal ferret who grew her hair back.  Since it is obviously not that
uncommon for adrenal ferrets to regrow their hair I wonder why it is not
mentioned in the medical literature.  My vet was thankful for the input -
he said he had never seen a case like Baby, neither had the other vets in
his practice.

Baby had her surgery on Monday.  I spoke to her owner and she said Baby was
doing fine.  The vet told her the tumor was "huge", which means if it was
as big as the "huge" tumor he removed from a rescue case of mine last
summer, it was as big as the end of your little finger.  I now have to get
my courage up to take in my little girl, who also grew some of her hair
back this summer.  It is hard because she is fat and happy and not a bit
sick.  Her vulva is not swollen, but my vet said not all ferrets will
swell.  I know I should take her in soon.

Thanks again and many happy dooks to all!

Serena DeCastro
   Ferret Territory and The Ferret Bed & Breakfast
   "the place for ferrets and ferret lovers"
          & the wrecking crew:
             Conan, Crockett & Elvis