From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 10:54:13 CDT
Hi, everyone!

First of all, I'd like to tell everyone that Snookie is fine after having
been stepped on by Guy's big feet!  :-) Guy was wearing tennis shoes at the
time and stepped on her while she was sleeping under a blanket.  It has
almost been two weeks now and she hasn't shown any negative signs.  Whew!!

When I got home from work yesterday, I was looking through the news- paper
and noticed an add for a cinnamon ferret...for $130...a pretty good deal
for the Huntsville, Alabama area.  I called...and to make a long story
short, Snookie now has a playmate!  He's four months old, fixed/ descented,
and is about three pounds.  He isn't the "cinnamon" that the LIFE booklet
shows, but is marked very similary to Snookie, who is a sable.  In fact,
their faces look so much alike it's sometimes hard to tell them apart,
except that the male (no name yet...am sill thinking) is about 0.5 to 0.75
pounds heavier, and Snookie's undercoat is cream colored while his is more
rust/cinnamon.  He has a definite mask.  So far, they seem to be getting
along just fine.  Snookie "bottle brushed" a few times when the male
decided it was time to PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, and Snookie was more interested in
just sniffing him and his cage.  Snookie also hissed a few times but it
wasn't anything that seemed serious.  I think they'll get along just
fine....I hope!  :-) I'm just waiting now to find out how territorial
Snookie is when the male discovers her stash of paper cups, paper towel
roles, and squeek toys!!!  Could be interesting!  :-)

Oh, yeah, for those keeping up with prices...  the guy who sold me the male
ran a pet store.  I've actually been in his store and done business with
him.  He wasn't bringing in the $$ so he decided to close.  He bought this
ferret from MF.  When he was in business he was charging $225 per ferret,
the highest price I had seen around here.  He's hurting for money now so he
dropped the price to $130 and "threw in" a cage (36"X15"X15") for $45.  So,
for $175, I got a nice male, a cage, a water bottle, a double food/water
dish, a hammock, a tube-thing that is made out of cloth and is suspended
from the ceiling of the cage that he sleeps in, a litter tray, and some pet
"cologne"...a pretty good deal!

I'll keep y'all up to date on how well he and Snookie get along!!

Dooks, chuckles and dances,

 -Mark Zmyewski