From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 07:48:48 -0700
We are moving from Washington to Arizona.... with our 14 fuzz-butts
in tow.  Only one is not elderly, or ill, the rest are hospice or
unadoptables for age, illness,or behavior reasons.  We will need a Ferret
savy Vet when we land in July.  6 are Adrenal and on Lupron, 2 are
Insulinomic,1 has prostate issues, 2 have lymphosarcoma, and 1 is really
deaf and dim ( but soooo cute and lovable) with biting issues from having
come from a horribly abusive house, well, her 'sis' too, but she's not
dim, and they both bite a LOT gentler now with playing... no blood!.
None have been caged since arriving at "Wild Weasel Rez" (our home), so
this ought to be a really fun 1600 miles!  (can't do the shorter route
through California).

Our Vet here has been giving me carte blanche on RX's for both the
Lupron, and the Pediapred, but for other illnesses, and for exams and
testing, a Vet is a must!

Any names and phone numbers of Vets, especially ones who once they
realize that the ferts are rescues, won't kill us in high costs!
(Adrenal surgery in Seattle area ranges from around $200 for shelter
babes to $500 or more) Won't find a vet like we have now , who charges
his costs only for the rescues, and cries with us when one is too ill
to remain, and needs to cross the bridge.  His shoes will be hard to
fill, along with his wife's who works side by side with him.

Thanks in advance for the names and numbers of  ferret Vets

Michelle and Willie
and , Xena, Bu, 'Cooter, Poof, Harmony, Beauty, Sunshine, Fang, Wolf,
Leaper, Cuddles, Mattie, 'Flake,and..  Da Z man!

(yes, some had slighly different names a couple of years ago... they
have just grown into better names!... Fang has a nickname that is uh,
indicative of his sneaky bathroom attacks when playing..... Ass-biter...
ya don't even need to ask, do you?)