From:
Melinda Nelson-Hurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 10:08:36 -0400
>From:    Kristi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: camping with ferrets...
>Sorry everyone ,I know I just posted my nicknames but i forgot to ask this!

>I am probably taking a road trip next week from central Illinois to Salem
>and Boston Massachusetts.  I am bringing Loki with me as my traveling
>companion.  And I'm looking for some advice from others who have traveled
>with their fuzzies before.

>... What concerns me is staying with a ferret overnight in a strange place.
>We are going to bring camping gear and try to find campsites to bed down in
>(because we're in college and we're poor and it's fun anyway).  Does anyone
>have experience camping with ferrets?

I have not camped with ferrets before.  However, I think you might have a
hard time finding a camping area around Salem or Boston.  Both as you may
have guessed are pretty urban.  You may want to check the net for state
parks and camp sites.

>If we can't find a campsite we will stay in a cheap motel.  Hopefully one
>that has no problem with ferrets but if they do I will just smuggle him in.
>But if anyone has info on pet-friendly hotels/motels... please e-mail me!
>oh yeah, we might go to DC too.  My final request is for info on ferret
>free zones and/or regulations on ferrets in the areas we will be staying
>in and traveling through...

The only place in MA that I know of that does not allow ferrets is the City
of Lynn, Ma.  Lynn is not far from Salem so watch out.  I don't know what
they actually do if they find a ferret, but I wouldn't want to find out the
hard way.

If you want, look us up when you're here in Ma.

Melinda, Peter, Ramsey, Cleo, and Tapper thinking of Moses.