Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:06:02 -0500
Dearest Sandee,

I was hoping I would have a little more time before I had to write this
letter to you.

PeeWee had to be helped to the Bridge last night.  Early last November he
was only given 2 months to live but he blessed us with a little longer
than that I hope he is running free now with the strong healthy heart he
once had.

PeeWee was an Ambassador of sorts.  He got to meet people from all
over the world.  We live in Plymouth, Massachusetts and it is commonly
referred to as America's Hometown.  In the summer we are overrun with
tourists.  Occasionally PeeWee and I would venture down to the waterfront
where The Mayflower and Plymouth rock are just to watch the tourists.  I
think PeeWee may have the distinction of being the only ferret ever to
board The Mayflower.Of course, when people spotted Pee they would have to
see him or pat him.  The was once a woman from England that picked him
up, stuck her nose in his fur and stiffed so hard I thought she would
inhale half his fur.  She said she missed hers at home and just needed
"a sniff fix".  Other times there were people that talked to us that we
had no idea what they were saying.  He got to meet people from Australia,
Japan, Sweden and many other countries.  We politely answered their
questions and Pee let himself be petted with regal dignity.

Pee was always a bit of an old man.  He was a quiet ferret.  He did like
to tattle on his "brothers" too.  When one or more of the others would
get into something he would always come and tell me.  He would come find
me and stand on my foot and give me his "look".  I could sometimes
picture him standing up with his little arms crossed and tapping his foot
saying "tsk, you should see what they are doing now".

I brought Pee home at about 5 or 6 weeks old and from the first day he
was devoted to my elderly cat Gizmo.  You rarely saw one without the
other.  They were both diagnosed on the same day and given the same
amount of time to be here.  Today Gizmo is beside himself trying to find
Pee.

Sandee, Pee doesn't know anyone there but his Auntie Donna asked if you
would introduce him to her gang.  If you would do that for me I will be
ever so grateful.  You might find Pee will hang back a little but be
patient with him.  He will be waiting for his lifetime friend Gizmo.

Thank you so much Sandee,
Diddy