Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 05:37:03 -0400
Back in '93, I went into our local pet shop to pick up some fish food for
my sharks.  I saw this animal, it was unlike any animal that I've ever
seen at the pet store.  They were cleaning his cage and the animal was
out and about then he settled under this cabinet type thingy, and all the
while he kept peeking out at me.  I had to inquire as to what it was.  A
ferret, they said.  We talked about him for a bit, and I wanted him, for
'some reason', I just HAD to have him.  I was sold on him!!

So really I was going into ferret ownership pretty blind.  Looking back,
they knew very little about ferrets, but getting a ferret was one of the
better decisions I've ever made :)

I got him on sale, he was a bit of a problem ferret with very
nippy/snappy habits.  It took about 3 months and he totally trusted me
from that day forward.  I'm referring to Jade Elaine.  If ever a human
can have a 'soul mate' in a pet, Jade Elaine was certainly mine.  So in
'95 I pondered the thought of having a buddy for him.  That is when Daisy
Mai came to live with us.  She was a beautiful girl, a $50 ferret, a real
princess.  Jade and Daisy became fast friends rather quickly and they
really did bond.

Jade had a splenomegaly in '97, and and surgery for a blockage in early
'98, in the fall of '99 I lost Jade during surgery, he was in for an
adrenalectomy and he just didn't come out of it.  My vet called me and
she was crying to tell me the news....I crashed big time!!  My heart was
shattered and for Daisy too:( I couldn't stand to see her alone, so one
week after losing Jade, I purchased a beautiful cinnamon girl, Amber-Lynn
she and Daisy became fast friends, Ambi was a kit and wanted to play,
Daisy is now 6 and showing her age :( Daisy Mai had been on Pred for 3
years of her life and had done very well on it.  Ambi had some pretty big
shoes to fill, and she has done a fine job!!

I had to have Daisy Mai put down in March of '01.  It broke my heart to
do it, but Daisy's quality of life was just not there, I know her last
few days, were for me and not her, I couldn't take it any longer, my
heart broke to see her going downhill so fast, I had to make the decision
to put her down, and yes it most certainly was the hardest decision I've
ever had to make.

Daisy and Jade are together again for all eternity, and one day I want
with all my heart be with them again.

Now Ambi is alone, and still relatively young, I had to get her a buddy,
but I wanted this buddy to be the right one, so six months later, I found
him, a perfect little DEW, I went into the pet store and found him, he
licked my face off, I left the store crying, I didn't want to make a
hasty decision.  I called the pet store the next day (thank God he was
still there), I asked them to hold him for me and GUARANTEED, I would be
there at 4:30 to pick him up.  I've named him Nikki Taur, he is a real
charmer.

Ambi will be 4 in June of 03 and Nikki will be 2 the following September.
I love them to no end.

For someone who walked into ferrets totally blind, my eyes have been
opened to the fact that I will never, never be without them.  My passion
for ferrets will never die.  And as long as I have the health to provide
and care for them, I will never be without them.

Jade and Daisy have been cremated, as I will do with all my ferrets and
in the event of my death, we will all go into the ground together.  At
that time all will be history.

I owe it all to Jade Elaine, my pet, my best friend, my soul mate.  I
miss you and Daisy to no end.

Jadesun
@->->-

Jadesun,  Amber-Lynn n' Nikki Taur