From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 08:26:43 -0500
LeeAnn,

I also limit my 6 ferrets to 1-2 raisins per day.

I ONLY give them a raisin after they come to me and are put in their cage.
I guess I kind of have them trained to come "running" when they hear the
raisin can shake; which comes in handy when I can't "find" one, or if one
ever escaped outside ...  it certainly gets their attention!

One time, though, we had someone ferret-sit.  And even though I thought
this person *knew* the raisin rule in general (because they have had
ferrets before), when we got home from an overnight stay, I found that
they had vomited (and I'll try not to get too descriptive) ... piles ...
all over the cage.  When I examined these piles I noticed a definate scent
of raisins!

Needless to say, this person knows the raisin rule should they ever
ferret-sit again!  I have no idea just how many raisins were given to them
in that short time span, and I don't think I want to know!!

Nancy
Fewwit, Bandit, Alexander, Miss Freckles, Albert, and Spanky
(oh, yes .. and the big dog Smokey!)