From:
Jan Lovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 15:11:45 EDT
I spoke with James Albertson at the Atlanta Humane Society last week about
the ferret mentioned on the FML.  He told me that he/she had been reclaimed
by the owner.  I reminded him that the GDFA was here for any ferrets that
came in to them and he said that even though ferrets are not truly exotics
it is their policy to not offer them to the general public for adoption.  He
also said that they don't get too many ferrets and any that are not claimed
are adopted by employees to which I responded that eventually his employees
won't want any more ferrets.  Anyway, he said that if we (the GDFA) write
him a letter he will give it to the director (Bill Garrett), who can then
bring it up at a board meeting and possibly change their policy.  I have a
feeling that this will take some time, but we were successful with Cobb
County 2 years ago when they had made ferrets illegal in the county.  Keep
your fingers crossed.

Jan M. Lovell - Secretary
Georgia Domestic Ferret Association - Founded in 1989
Dedicated to a Better Life for Domestic Ferrets Through Knowledge and
Understanding
770-442-5917