From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:01:44 -0500
This is Susie Lee in and with The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary, Inc. calling
out for anyone else at all who managed to get a copy of October 12th's
"Animal Rescue" which showed a favorable tv article about our Ferret &
dove Sanctuary and the critters. What about our copy?

Okay, here's what we've got: before it came on where we are at 3:30
a.m., I was testing and trying out many of our old VHS tapes we have
recorded over(and over) and not finding anything that would give a
half-visible recording, anymore, finally i put some tape over the
busted-tab of an already-"FBI"-WARNING-type-recorded movie which
happened to be "Entrapment". Got a five-minute test-recording that
we could SEE on this and so I left my awakened diabetically
partially-blind husband at 2 a.m. to just push the record-button to
catch the show.

So, naturally, he wakes me up as the show starts and says he can't see
that the machine is even on.

YIKES! I struggle awake, first dumbly trying to see without my own
glasses, naturally can't find the buttons(i'm stupid-tired!:), go get
the glasses...Ahh!, Turn the machine off, turn it back on, re-set it,
now push "record"...THERE! It sez "rec" and so it's gotta be doing what
it says! Wes is looking at the 'counter', "but the counter's not
moving", "Not to worry!", i said, we're going to take the machine at
its word, it said it's recording, so leave it be." the show is already
partway through the first article about a couple who rescue blind dogs
and have horses. No ferrets yet. Next article, rescuing a draft horse
from a well...good one, too! One of those miracle-rescues. Then, after
commercials...THERE!, "Ferrets and friends...", Pensacola, Florida!
Ferrets being held, being happy! Cages being fixed and fiddled-with,
dove chick being cuddled,ferrets playing!, back to the kids all holding
ferrets (that i had put all our better-behaved ferrets into their hands
and the camera-guy did a lot of panning) WHY!, There's WES wearing his
Oxford Ferret Rescue t-shirt! Yeah, way to go!...and then they used up
all the beta-tape footage, re-used some of it to make the article last
five minutes from a three-minute tape, and it's done. I go back to bed
for another hour (gotta get back up and feed my fuzzie-wuzzles, soon)
and then Wes tells me they mention us again in re-capping all the items
of this show. Well, hey!, that's NICE of them, i think.

But wes has plans for getting this scratchy, belated recording to a
DVD or several...it's not the greatest quality, i will have to admit,
and I've already told out why.

Today, later, i hope to get Wes back from the hospital where he went
for carotid-artery-surgery to remove a huge clot. Doc called from the
hospital after the surgery was done and said Wes is fine. (repeated
himself 3 times. i better find out he really IS "fine" or I'm going
to know what-for with the entire staff, there.) Have an adult
volunteer coming over to our house in a few minutes to help with the
harder-to-reach cages and I'm meanwhile feeding and letting loose
ferrets to play.

Time to git. My 10 minute sit-down break is all used up :)

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html