From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:14:38 -0400
Bill, I think that you have handled the smoking topic well.  Yes, some
subsets came close to spinning out of control but when that happened you
set limits.  Meanwhile, people on both sides learned viewpoints they
would not have otherwise learned and that tends to allow people to think
more constructively and cooperatively -- at least once all calm down. ;-)

What is best about the conversation is that we all learned about
references on the topic so we all came from it with more information to
allow us to make better choices or use better approaches in life.  It
sure was an experience!  LOL!  It HAS been a LEARNING experience, though.

Todd, about matches:

Meeteetse (who had her name because her smile as a kit was like that of
one of the Wyoming BFF kits, and who LOVED the voice of NPR's outstanding
science reporter Richard Harris) once saw me light a match to seal the
ends of a collar.  She was AWED.  Imagine 1930s movies where people fell
on their knees before a character who had just exhibited special powers
and you know what her response was like.