From:
Fran Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:57:21 EDT
I've roared reading some of the "smoking blender" stories!  I broke 3
blenders at the beginning.  I said words I didn't know I knew using an
electric meat grinder that seemed to want to just chew up but not "spit
out" the chicken.  I'd spend an hour and 1/2 trying to grind 1 lousy
chicken - most of that time taking the %^&$# grinder apart to clean it
out.

Then I made a decision... hmmmm..  I cut the chicken up, hack the bones
in the legs and theighs into thirds and cook the chicken for about 4
hours.  Nothing in the world smells as bad (except maybe boiling calves
liver like my mom used to do for our dog!)..  Yeech!

Just an aside here..  my "cleaver" was a Christmas present from my
husband after all my cursing and yelling about making chicken gravy!!
He an eternal romantic!!  LOL

When the 4 hours are up I add all the other ingredients - let it cool a
while (or if I'm in a hurry - add cold water to each blender full ----
NEVER try to blend hot liquid!) - blend it all, put it thru a strainer -
sorry I CANNOT leave the bone shards - and make up 2 cup containers to
freeze.  The whole blending process now takes me less than 45 minutes..

Now I can save my expletives for other uses!!

Love on your fuzzies!
Fran

Please visit my website
Support ADV Research