Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:00:55 -0800
OK, everyone .... I have a "confession" to make.  I did the un-thinkable.
I tried to resist but temptation just got the best of me!  I didn't act
alone, however; I kinda had some "help" so it's not entirely my fault.
I... uh, I ... kinda ... well, actually I did .... I RELAXED AND ENJOYED
IT, WITHOUT GUILT!

Here's the story behind my confession and the moral of it all:

With PMS creeping up on me and thoughts of another upcoming, frazzling
week of job hunting, bill paying, roommate searching, car problems,
ferret health issues, and the always present family dysfunctions looming
in my head, I lost my head and just DID IT!  And what's even more
troubling is that I didn't experience one OUNCE of guilt the entire time!

It all began this past Friday when I learned that I had won a HUGE (and I
do mean huge, and very heavy) gift basket full of various spa products,
health and beauty aids, and yummie goodies after entering a raffle at a
local women's show this past weekend.

(Got to admit that as a self-confessed 'work-aholic' who is always on
the go and doesn't generally spend too much time staying in one place,
I don't usually do the 'soak in the tub with the candles, aromatherapy,
and music' thing more than a couple times a year - if that).

Well, all of that changed today when I rolled out of bed determined to
enjoy a beautiful Easter day and realized I was absolutely exhausted and
sick to my stomach.  So I reached for the basket (spa basket, not Easter
basket), in a desperate attempt at relief, and grabbed some lotions,
potions, scrubs, gels, aromatherapy, candles and whatever else looked
helpful.  I filled the bathtub, lit the candles, put in a 'Sounds of
Nature' CD and literally dropped into the tub.

WOW!  WOW!  WOW!  I couldn't believe that in a matter of minutes, my
aches and pains were practically gone and I was feeling much better!  It
was SHEER BLISS as I laid there and soaked and scrubbed and pampered and
soaked and soaked and soaked until I woke up 25 MINUTES LATER in luke
warm water to the sound of a furkid scratching at the bathroom door to
get in!  HA!  Did I feel guilty gently telling Ms. Phoebe 3 times, "I'm
sorry sweetie but you can't come in; this is Mommy's relax time?" NOPE!
NOT ONE BIT!

I just couldn't believe how desperately I needed that down time and
dreaded getting out of the tub (but feared my shriveling skin would stay
like that permanently).  It was SUCH a wonderful experience that I can't
wait to use more of the 'stuff' from the basket and from now on, I've
made a committment to myself that I'm going to make time every week for
a relaxing bath - even if it's only 10 minutes.  Whatever my body is
telling me it needs is what it will get!

Please know that I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone or sound as if
I'm bragging about my gifts in any way!  And I DO understand that with so
many things pulling us in so many directions these days (kids, spouses,
jobs, finances, family, furkids needs, etc.), it's virtually impossible
to find even ONE MOMENT to chill, let alone 30 minutes or more!

But here's the amazing thing I realized: The world didn't come crashing
to its end; the furkids survived 30 min.  without me; the bills are still
unpaid; the family dysfunctions haven't changed; the car didn't fix
itself; and I didn't magically get a job offer during that 30 minutes.
BUT I DO FEEL TONS BETTER, physically and mentally, and am now in ever
better shape to tackle all of the pending 'issues'!

So the moral of the story is this, simply put:

"Even when you don't think you have enough time to MAKE time for yourself
 .... Remember that it's FAR better to take care of what you have than
to have nothing to take care of!"

I hope each of you will make similar committments to yourself and LISTEN
to your bodies (esp.  while they are still talking to ya!).  In this day
and age of constant rushing, it's soooo easy to prioritize everyone elses
needs instead of our own but if you drop dead tomorrow of a heart attack,
then what will it matter??????

Just something to think about ...

Jennifer and the 3 Amigos  :-)