Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:18:26 -0400
For the past couple of weeks I have been at the home of Tom and
Cindy Scheidt, who make the Ferret Tower of Fun. I have watched the
individual construction of many of these and can tell you the care and
detail that goes into each is absolutely amazing! It is almost as much
fun to watch them make them as it is to watch the ferrets play with
them. There is a lot more care that goes into the towers than I put
into the toys I toss in with my guys!

The Scheidts have about 6 play groups - 8 if you add my two groups of
two! - and they have their own Tower. It is so much fun to watch four
ferrets at a time try to maneuver through the tube. They will start
their little runs around the living room and then chase each other
through the tubes on the floor and up the cat rest. They will head for
an entrance to the tube, not realizing that someone else might have
entered the other end. They chase and they confront! It is so much fun.
Someone hides a piece of kibble in there to snack on later and it is
discovered by another. Even MY kids, who snubbed it on our first pass
through, play in it on this visit! Skitch, who is afraid of tubes in
general (I think it is because he is so fat!) has been playing in the
tower.

OK, I am procrastinating! But, when you can watch ferrets enjoying
themselves, so what? Right? ;-)

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we