From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 03:05:51 -0800
I just have to say a few things - one, I think perhaps the bug probably
has nothing to do with whether we keep our pets inside or outside.
After all, distemper is still an issue in ferrets in the UK, raised
outdoors or not. I think the virus simply has originated in the US. We
have many more animals on the loose than in the UK as well, and more
wildlife - giving more opportunities for viruses to be carried, mutate,
and eventually jump over from a vector or host to ferrets. Given the
wide spread of it, it seems to be everywhere - likely carried by cats
or dogs?

Whatever this is, it's scaring me, and I don't want to be affected.
I'm not sure that there honestly is anything we can do. Even shelters
that have quarantines and bleaching in effect are being affected.

I wonder if Bruce Williams or any other lab/pathologist has requested
tissues?

Laryssa