From:
MICHAEL FOX <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:26:11 EDT
Hi All,
This is my first time to post so please bear with me.  This is a story about
Franny and how though her life and death I found a truely remarkable Lady.

I guess I better start at the beginning.  I had a ferret given to me named
Franny about eleven years ago to make a long story short I was given all the
WRONG !! info.  She was about 4yr. old at the time.Three years later at the
age of about seven her hair started to fall out, five vets later I was told
it was a food allergy.  So we mixed turkey babyfood, cream of rice,vitamins
from the vet and nutri-cal to feed her.  She ate six times a day so I was
afraid of spoilage.  Were I went she went.  You have to remember I had never
seen another ferret in my life and I lived in a small town in Texas.  The
vets thier do thier best but there main care is in cattle and sheep.  Then
we moved to NM after a year here Franny stared to lose more hair.  I called
a round and found a vet to see her.  You all know what I was told.  The
tumors by this time were to far gone and she was about 8 to 9yrs old.  The
vet said she had less then a 20% chance to survive surgery and even then he
douted he could do her any good.  Seven months later she left for Rainbow
Bridge oh how I still miss her she was my life.

I was never so angery , hurt, alone, and just plan MAD( yes as a dog) in my
life.  I was not going to let this happen again.  Well our boys all left
home each taking a computer.  I never did learn to use it and never cared
to.  The job my better half has required him to have one here at home again.
I was doing my best to learn all I could about ferrets any way I could when
the Vet called and asked me to come by his office he had something to show
me.  I walked to the back and he said to look in the top cage.  There was
this little starved thing.  The vet said someone had found her in the
street.  Other than being way under weight and a bad case of fles she seemed
fine.  The whole time the vet was trying to talk to me i was crying like a
fool.  He told me if I stopped crying I could have her.  He had had her for
two weeks and Know one had claimed her.  She was just 14oz .  the vet said
she looked good compared to two weeks ago.  That was just about a year ago.

One of my sons came home for Thanksgiving last year and showed me how to use
the internet to get info on anything.  I found the FML ,FAQ,Star,and Trish
Curtis of Ferrets 1st Rescue and Shelter.  Well I said this was a short
story so what I've been trying to say is anger is good when focused in the
right direction.  I also want to say never stop asking question and looking
for help because you will fined it .  I thank my God every day for letting
me find Trish with all her never ending patience and help.  In the last nine
months she has never been farther than a phone call, e-mail, or page away at
all hours of the day or night, when I've need her or just thought I needed
her.  She is truely the most giving person I have ever met.  She spends all
her Time, and life trying to help any and all who she can anyway she can to
save any and all fuzzie she can.  In the last nine months I have seen the
sacrifices(sleep,time,and money)she has made and I just wanted to say
publicly THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART and all the FUZZIE THANK YOU.

Weaze;  ( thanks Trish for telling mom how to put weigh on me and what to
          give me when I was sick.)
Be;      ( thanks Trish for telling mom not to give up on me that I would
           stop bitting.)
Charlie; ( thanks Trish but with all the good stuff you have given mom I
           hope I won't need anything.)
And a big Thanks from Old man, Snowball, Dallas, Max, and Gangus for helping
mom find new loving homes for us.
and last but not lease Angel face said thank you for getting her the help
she needs.

Thanks Trish again,
Eydie