Date:
Fri, 27 May 2011 13:26:13 -0800
Hey, all you ferret-lovers who are headed to the symposium! The trip to
the zoo is all set. Tickets include round-trip shuttle ride to and from
the zoo on Sunday afternoon. We only have a few hours there due to the
closing time. It closes at 2:00 and we need to leave at 3:00. However,
according to their website, they recommend 2 1/2 - 3 hours to see the
zoo, so we will have plenty of time for that.

There is a tour of the new Conservation Center for 25 attendees, but
due to the size of the facility and the shortness of the day, there is
time for only one tour. The tour will take about 45 minutes, so there
will be time for you to wander around the zoo, too.

Food can be purchased at the zoo and you can also take food in with
you. If you would like to purchase a box lunch to go at the symposium -
complete with drink - it is available for $20. That is a bit steep,
but it is convenient and complete. There are options for vegans and
gluten-free individuals, as well as diabetics.

If you are interested in checking out the website, see
http://phoenixzoo.org/

Let me know either at this email address or at the
address if you would like to attend and have not already told me, or if
anything has changed about your plans! Look forward to seeing you in
less than one short week! (Really, it is a short week! Memorial Day is
Monday!)

Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we
 destroy ourselves." Jonas Salk
"The most effective way to do it, is to do it." Amelia Earhart
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets
the credit!
Ferret Emergency Response, Rescue & Evacuation Team (F.E.R.R.E.T.)
http://www.ferretemergency.org