From:
GOODLILBUD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:04:35 EST
My little boy cleaned himself yesterday.  I guess to anyone else that is no
big deal.  To us, however, it was time to celebrate.  Little Bubba walked
today.  I cried over that.

It is so hard to believe that this is the same little boy that, last Friday,
I had made arrangements, in case he couldn't make it through the night, for
my vet to practice adrenal surgery on his little body (at my suggestion - I
wanted her to be extra ready should I need it on one of my other 8 ferrets),
and then necropsy him so that we could hopefully find out what ended his
life.

Instead, my little boy walked today!  Last night's vet check showed no
problems, other than the fact that Bubba could not walk, and was
confirmation of a hunch we had - that he is blind.

A lot of you became my E-mail support group through the heartache of
watching little Bubba suffer and struggle through whatever tried to take him
from me.  I was never able to personally respond to the multitude of well
wishers that offered support.  I would again like to thank everyone again,
and apologize for not being able to respond as I would like to.

There are three Thank you's that I would like everyone to know about:

First, Dr. Valerie Ferguson of Four Legged Friends Animal Hospital located
in Phoenix.  To all of the AZ ferret enthusiasts, you can not find a better
vet.  Ultimately, she agreed and supported the use of Timmy's Tonic in the
hopes that it would help Bubba.  Find that with another vet!  She has to be
the most open minded and caring vet I have ever encountered.  She was also
available to us at all times during Bubba's struggles and did everything
possible to help him survive and never once dragged us along with false
hopes.  She was always honest with us, explained all of our options and let
us make the decision.  Additionally, she has the most incredible staff you
can imagine.

Second, to Scott at Exclusively Ferrets for telling me to try Timmy's Tonic.
I had visited Gary Holowicki's Web Page previously and thought his
homeopathic remedies were interesting, but I will admit, I did not take them
seriously.  Scott told me of one of his ferrets who was in trouble and that
the Tonic helped.  Bubba was Dying - I had to save my little boy - and Scott
pointed me in the right direction.

Third, Gary Holowicki for being there and suppying us with Timmy's Tonic.  I
truly believe, that it was the Tonic that gave Bubba the boost he needed to
get over his illness.  While I will always consult my vet for any problems,
I will never again be without a supply of the Tonic, just in case.
Additionally, I will forever study Gary's web page
http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/ - I suggect you all do the same.  By the
way, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet the famous Timmy.  That is one
beautiful, bouncy, healthy, happy boy.

We are broke.  Our taxes are due.  My husband's vehicle is in the shop and
we have no possible way to pay for it.  The mortgage is due.  We don't even
have gas money for the weekend.  You know what?  Its ok because Bubba will
be with us for a long time!

It has been a good week!

Kathy

Still mom to 9 fuzzies!