Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:04:49 -0800
Dooks all ~!

Well, here it is close to 24 hrs after Cinnabons accident.  He spent the
night at the emergency vet office where they gave him an IV (he pulled it
out a short time later), blood tests, and monitoring.  He had an additional
episode of bleeding at 3am so they recommended continuing care at my vets
(Forest Heights Vet Clinic).

When I arrived at Forest Heights, the emergency vet (Dove Lewis Animal
Hospital) had already fax'd over a copy of Cinnas record.

On the FERRET B-A-R Scale, he was at the top - very BRIGHT EYED, ALERT, and
RAMBUNCTIOUS.  We gave him some meds (Amoxi and Carafate) and he seemed
fine.  My vet agreed with the possibility of colitis brought on by the
stress.  The was a question about the blood glucose, on the emergency vet
report it said 14 3 with a space between the number 14 and the number 3.
She beleived this to represent 143 (which could be a fert under stress) and
was hoping it wasn't 14.3 (which would be dangerously low) Wanting to be
certain, Cinna stayed at the office to monitor his food intake, urination,
and stool.  She also wanted to verify the blood glucose reading..

Anyway, Cinna is home now, still have to keep up the meds and monitor him
for a bit.  We're all gonna go play for a bit.  Once the kids are put up,
I plan on collapsing.  It's been a long sleepless night and I've been
running on caffiene and adrenalin.

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded with good thoughts and
wishes.  It is appreciated more than you could ever know.

Warm Fuzzies ~!~!
--
Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~