From:
Pat Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 07:42:53 -0500
Our ferret club here in Maryland and a couple other ferret clubs here in
Maryland regularly visit P.T. Moran's Pet shops in the Washington
Metropolitan Area and take our fuzzies with us.  The purpose is to
provide information to the public about ferrets and the clubs.  We
usually take information on ferret care, health, etc.  We will take some
of the books that are on the market.  You might want to obtain a copy of
the ferret FAQ from the internet and take copies of that with you.  I
think it's a great way to promote ferrets.  But even more important, you
will be able to answer a lot of questions that people ask and maybe
promote ferrets as pets to those who really want one and accept the
responsibility that goes along with having a ferret.  I think it's
important for people to know what is involved with ferrets owning us
before they get their ferret, instead of after getting them and finding
out that they don't want to be bothered.

I'm sure you will receive a lot more suggestions than what I have given
here.  I find everybody on the FML to be very helpful and there is a
wealth of knowledge to be gained from everybody.  Good luck to you.