From:
Matthew Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 20:23:48 -0600
Lisa asks about ferret deafness.

Our Gryphon is deaf.  We discovered it about 2 weeks after adopting him.
He has never been good with the litter box, but we did train him to come to
thumps on the floor....or rather he trained us.  Watch for behaviour you
like, and pet your fur kid for it.  Use hand signals, and when your fur
kid does what you'd like, pet pet pet, treat treat treat.  It takes a bit
longer to train the fella, but it will work.

Gryphon comes on command and is a very snuggly sweet boy.  We love him.

Good luck,
Matthew and Paula (the humans), P.B., Sherlock, and Gryphon (the ferrets),
Quinn and Seneca (the dogs).