From:
FerretHill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:13:11 -0700
Victoria ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>The more ferrets you have the harder it is to box train them especially

>if they are all around the same age.  Expecting to have 7 ferrets in a
>carpeted room and not end up with a stinky carpet is not realistic in
my
>opinion.

Sorry, had to respond...  I have seven as you can see below in my
sig.... They are all around the same age within a year (I know I know I
know... I'm starting a plan to send a monthly payment to my **most
excellent** vet).  They are all box trained.  Sure, there are misses but
towels and beddings in the unwanted corners takes care of that for the
most part.  I have carpet and its holding up good.

I also have a little green machine so I stay on top on those misses so
there will not be repeats anytime soon, and put a towel or something
there.

Just wanted to add my two cents.   There ARE ways to litterbox train
them, but it TAKES WORK, which many of us here do not want to do so we
just say "oh they will not use the box".

Also, you know that they don't like to use a very dirty box so make sure
you also provide a decent place for them to go on (meaning scooping
twice a day if needed) so of course when you get more, more scooping you
have to do.

And to who cares to listen, Choco is a BEAUTIFUL big boy now!  And my
two new ones (Zeus and Harley - their names may be subject to be
changed) are doing great!  They are big, barrel body, huge paws, thick
fur and with fun and curious personalities (they look just as ferrets
should look).

I need help finding new things for them to explore and play with, I'm
running out of ideas!  Seven speed bumps are not a pretty sight!

P.S.  don't get a 20 lbs turkey to grind up unless you are very strong!
I ground up a turkey and 3 chickens, taking me 10 hours to make the
gravy!  Yes, I grounded up those huge thigh bones!

--
Ferrethill and the Spunky Seven

Me (Where's the dictionary?  I need to look up "self-control"...)
My Significant Other (*Sigh* Just what we need...more fleabags running
around)
Soda-Pop (Would you please tell Choco and Zeus that I am still the alpha
male
            here)
Mocha (More boys???  When are you gonna get me a sister?)
Cheswick (Well, it's fine with me as long as my share of food doesn't
decrease)
Foodstamp (Two more playmates...well okay, I'll find time for them too)
Choco-Sin (Gawd, when I am finally about to be settled into the social
order,
           you had to go and screw everything up again!)
Zeus (Okay, lets see, I would like my bed over here and my stuff under
here...)
Harley (What! You mean I can run around the room whenever I want, sleep
           anywhere??)

* "Real men play with their weasels!"      *
*  http://aznet.net/~ferrethill/           *
*  IQC number: 35125920                    *