From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 11:37:00 -0400
Hello Californians,

We need to crank up both our photo drive and our letter writing campaign in
these last few weeks before House Resolution 37 is heard in the Water, Parks
and Wildlife Committee.  Please send tons of ferret photos to Jan
Goldsmith's capitol office at Room 2136, State Capitol, Sacramento, CA
95814.  We met with Jan yesterday and they had only about 100 so far-- but
our newsletter is still recent, and hundreds of flyers have gone out now, so
more should be comming.

Another fantastic way to reach folks about both efforts is to put one of our
flyers in pet stores and veterinarians' offices.  Please e-mail me or call
if you are willing to distribute flyers in your area.  Know your
Assemblyperson so you can fill his or her name in at the bottom before
copying the flyer for distribution.  These flyers are great because they
highlight both of these important activities and give ferret facts that
folks can use for their letters.  Come on Californian's, let's have fun with
this one and swamp Jan's office with ferret photos.

Less enjoyable perhaps, but even more important, is the letter-writing
campaign in your area.  Don't hesitate to get friends,family and business
associates involved.  Make it easy for them by providing pre-addressed
(Assemblymemeber's name and address), stamped envelopes.  Help them with
"ferret facts" (available in the flyers).  Don't be shy, ferret legalization
hangs in the balance!

Jeanne Carley
Legislative Director
415 851-3750