From:
Cathy Mallette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2012 00:13:19 -0800
I wish there were two big things we could do:

1) stop stores from selling ferrets or limit the number they sell
2) stop Marshall ferrets from producing so many. I hope it isn't true
but I heard that what they don't sell goes to labs for testing.

If it is true, that just breaks my heart.

I wonder if shelters would be allowed to go to schools and educate. I
also think it would be great to bring them to nursing homes and elder
care places. (I know that won't help but it's fun.) I brought mine once
and they loved it. They had a bring-your-pet day.

Hey nursing homes have mascots: parrots, fish, dogs, cats, etc. Why
not a ferret? Educate the seniors and staff and let them have a couple
friendly ones on a trial basis and see how it works. The people I cared
for when I worked at one facility were low level of care and they
really loved feeding the mascot and petting it, etc.

As we all know, educationis the best way. i have never been part of the
educating group, but I would love to go to Petco and other places and
teach about ferrets & their care.

CathyM