Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:25:55 -0400
I'm not going to pretend that I"m a "gifted writer". I'm not. So I'm
not going to write some long, walking on egg shells, witty rebuttal.
I'd love to just say what has slipped out of my lips as well as many
others as they have read some of the more ludicrous comments. A single
three word phrase that says it all [email me if you want to know what
that is]. But I won't, because no doubt the argument would go off on
some tangent and not focus on the real core of things. I actually don't
agree or disagree with any of the arguments. So don't debate me. I see
both sides. That's not what I'm commenting about. I'm commenting about
the stupidity of some of the words being said this week. And the Ferret
Nazi mentality here is astounding to me.

A few VK statements:
>I do not apologize for my opinions and the vast majority of responses
>to my personal email and to the FML are in agreement of these views ...

-- Majority? Are you kidding me? I doubt you are a comedian, so this
must be a legit statement and what you believe. Wow. This one is really
out there. For me to say that "anything" is "out there", well says a
lot.

>sometimes someone has to step up and make harsh observations about
>certain behaviors or subjects or incorrect information being discussed
>simply because diplomacy can often times leads to complete silence and
>this is not what the FML is all about...

-- Nice cover. Talk about rationalization. The current candidates could
use tips from you.

>My deepest sadness is for the two (or perhaps more???) wonderful kids
>who lost their lives in such a violent way*.

-- As Ardith said, "What was your pleasure" here? I'm dying to know.

I see no need to go on. The child abuse references, rabbit analogies,
etc, have all been addressed keenly, over and over again. I don't wish
to write parts 2, 3, etc to this post to every mean or irrationally
worded thing I've seen.

Tressie made several self righteous mean spirited statements that are
peppered in between her other commentary that is dripping with a
contradictory tone of kindness ... as if others here will fall for
the illusion that she is trying to create a state of being fair or
diplomatic. One of the lesser examples:

>Very simply put aka Webster - accountability is a willingness to
>accept responsibility or to account for ones actions.

--- Uh. She did. Ten times over. And, in my opinion she did not need
to. I don't care if she was standing right next to the dog and ferret,
when a dog snaps, it is faster than human reflexes. With a long history
of that dog being fine with those ferrets for years, there was no
reason to separate the animals. I see a pattern where you drive your
points like stakes into peoples hearts, whether right or wrong and that
you don't like to back down ... although I must admit, you're close to
refining the skill of backpedaling. Even if/when you do, the holes and
scars that are left from the withdrawn stakes cannot be repaired.

I'm not going to even begin to dissect and tear apart every other
statement in your posts. It's a tangled mess if throns and roses.
Either you are earnestly trying to sort these issues out for yourself,
or you are irate at Alex and are trying to hide it (and not very well).

Once again, it's a choice. Gilded cage or not? I"m not condemning
anyone that does not let their ferret enjoy the pleasure of romps with
the house cat because of the possibility someone will get hurt, go
outside because they are afraid of a hawk diving from a tree and
snatching the ferret from their hands (yes there are plenty of people
that fear that), or deny them a lick of peanut butter because it's
"bad" for them. They have some valid thoughts and fears. But, I'd also
hope others would not condemn me for offering what I see as a different
quality of life by giving them those joys. They are animals. In my
opinion, an animal allowed to feel grass between it's toes, to give
chase to a dog, to steal a raison is happy. It's a trade off. I could
also keep said animal in a padded cage, give them artificial
stimulation with safe human "baby" toys, and offer nothing but top of
the line foods for ferrets. That animal would be "safe", healthy, and
perhaps long-lived. Is that better? It's a choice.

Should someone own a dog if they own a cat? Most people do. My sister
lost two different cats to two different dogs during two different
times in her life. Both times they had grown up together. They were
freak accidents. Sometimes animals have strong instincts, and short
fuses because, well, they're animals. Some might think that I'd have a
very valid reason to feel as if you should never have a cat any where
near a dog. But I don't feel that way. I don't condemn the "some" that
think I "should" feel that way. They should not condemn me for not
feeling the same way. Dogs are dogs. Animals are animals.

Should someone own a dog with a ferret? Far more dishwashers, clothes
dryers, and peoples feet have killed ferrets than dogs, my friend. I
own all three. I own a long list of things that could kill my ferrets
and that I could keep from them to make them safer. I must suck
weenies. No wait, balls. Yes, definitely big, fat, wet ones.

As I said. Debate dogs vs no dogs. It's "good" to talk and to discuss
the ideas and facts.  But I don't appreciate those ideas wrapped in
some Ferret Nazi diatribe. In addition, it's really low to kick someone
when they are down, treat them like a child as if you are better in
some way, and be some sort of voyeuristic freak about their lives. And
that ... I do condemn.

Wolfy

Sean and Rocky,
Experience the love: