From:
Debra Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 04:20:23 -0400
Hi all,

I wrote when I got my little guy, Kismet, and let everyone know how
wonderful he is.

Well, we have a problem....and I need some help.

Kis has Adrenal cancer.  We aren't sure which gland, haven't been able
to get an ultrasound.  But we did the blood test, so we are sure it is
Adrenal.

The problem is, I am on disability, and a V-E-R-Y limited budget every
month.  I got a quote from a local vet of around $400 which is about as
much as I can afford, but there is a problem.  This vet prefers to have
both the surgeons in the room when she does the operation, which I
applaud because it is safer, but the other surgeon just had twin boys,
and is having trouble finding child care.....so the two of them cannot
get into the office at the same time.  Needless to say, the operation
can't be done.

I have called every vet in town and the surrounding areas, and they all
charge anywhere from $800 to $1,000, and I just cannot afford the extra
cash.  My friend here can loan me the $400, but that is all, and my
credit is not good enough for a loan anywhere else.

I'm looking for any help I can get.  If you have ideas, please tell me,
anyone who you know who is willing to do the operation free, anyone who
can help finatially, whatever.

I do beaded necklaces, and would love to sell them, so if you want to
see them, check out webshots....here is the URL:

<http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos
&albumID=553197162&security=uKpaMA>

I appreciate any help I can get.  If this doesn't work, the only
alternative I have is to give him up to someone who can afford the
surgery, and I don't want to do that.  He's my baby boy, and I don't
know how I can let him go, but if I have to....I will....just to get
him well.  (His cage mate Charlie is confused, Kis keeps chewing on his
ears, and he can't figure out why....).

Thanks all, I will let you know what happens.  In the mean time, keep
prayers and good thoughts coming for us please.

Take care,
Deb, Kis & Charlie