From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 07:29:10 PDT
So sorry to hear about Troy Lynn's loss, but it sounds like she made the
right decision.  That message made my heart ache.  I know of people who
have had similar experiences to what you mentioned and it renews my faith
that someday, we will all be reunited.

I keep reading all of these posts about Performance Foods and have to
comment.  I can understand being upset that they did not move quicker to
correct the problem but I don't feel that the discussion needs to escalate
to such proportions.  In all the years I have been feeding Totally Ferret,
I have never experienced a problem so I guess they are not perfect and are
allowed mistakes from time-to-time.  Yes, I still use Tylenol and I still
eat red meat.  I feed Totally Ferret, Innova and now the ferret store food.
All are equally important to me and I stand behind the products 100%!  What
I do want to know is how one could ever tell when a bag of Marshall Farm's
food has gone rancid, it stinks regardless!  Which brings me to my next
point...

I recently adopted a very adorable MF gib from someone who could no longer
care for him.  He is one year old.  The most amazing thing is that he has
always eaten MF food but it only took two days to get him to switch over to
the above.  Hmmm...that is really interesting to me since I expected such a
hardship switching him over.  He did not even want the old food mixed in
once he tasted the above!  I was overjoyed!  Now that he is on food that
makes his poopies smell much better, I am having a problem with getting him
used to other ferrets.  He was always an only ferret and quite spoiled.  I
am slowly integrating him into the mix, but my sprite (not descented) hates
him.  I have put his blankets in the cage hoping she would get used to his
scent (or non-scent) but she just wont have it.  Lots of poofing in this
house!  He does not know what to do and just screams.  I did manage to
get him used to my most mellow ferret (also descented, but from a small
breeder) and they are getting along so far.  Right now, he is kept in a
seperate cage.  Does anyone have any idea why ferrets who still have scent
glands detest those that do not, or is it my experience only?  This is the
second or third time I have encountered this.  Neither of my "scented"
ferrets (ha,ha) will accept him and I had this problem when my other one
had to be descented.  Fortunately, that situation did not take long to
overcome.  I need some more ideas on this.  I already tried putting
ferretone on the necks, noses and so forth - no luck.  Please HELP!

Congratulations to Kevin on adopting Mr. Peabody!  You have a very big
heart.

On another note, my opinon to the recent animal rights endeavor, those
people are idiots!  Yes, it might be upsetting to see animals suffer, but
that was not the proper way to handle the situation, nor was it legal.
Those poor ferrets are probably suffering (or will be) more than if they
were still at the ranch.  What is wrong with people that makes them think
they can play God or that they are above the law?  What makes people think
that they can march onto somebody elses property and either release animals
or steal animals?  If this group cared about the ferrets at all, then how
come they did not put them in a truck and take them in to their own care?
Sounds like a group who must think that ferrets are "wild animals", stupid,
naive, idiots!  Anyone who either steals ferrets or practices this type of
behavior should be locked up.  We have authorities to deal with problems.
To anyone who applauds this behavior, stop and think about the criminal
aspect of these types of actions.  Most of the time, these activists are
looking for a mob-mentality, guess they find each other.  It is sad that so
many people have to jump on the band-wagon and cannot think for themselves.
I guess that is what makes our political system work so well (he,he) - some
are leaders, some are followers.  Well, enough of my mumbo-jumbo lecture.

Hope everyone is doing well and that your fuzzies are running and dooking
and driving you insane!

For the love of fuzzies everywhere.