From:
Robb and Amy Gonyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 22:24:51 -0600
I have 3 ferrets that need a home...my husband and I continue to get
busier with our jobs and family as the years pass and don't have the time
anymore to play with all of our ferrets.  Since they don't get out much to
run around anymore I feel like they're not being treated fairly, and would
like to find them a home where they can get more interaction outside their
cage.

Otto is a 4 year old (will be 5 in Feb) sable ferret with cataracts...he
developed his first one when he was only 1.5 years old, and the other eye
followed suit about 6 months later.  The vet says he probably can't see
as well as used to; it is apparent because he doesn't play with our dog
anymore the way he used to.  He still seems to be able to see motion
and/or shadows/objects.  We purchased Otto from a breeder and had him
neutered but he is not descented.  Otto likes to give kisses like a dog
and is definitely the sweetest ferret I have...he is also the biggest
ferret I've got, around 3.2lbs.

Scrappy (silver mitt) is a 3 year old male Marshall Farms ferret who just
wants to play and get petted.

Loki (appropriately named) is a black-eyed white from Marshall Farms, and
also 4 years old.  This ferret is very energetic--she is always the first
one up when I come to the cage, every time...she'll hit the litter box and
want to come out right away and play.  She's the only ferret we have who
occasionally wags her tail...it's funny.

Both boys are very sweet; they don't bite or nip and are more cuddly and
friendly.  Loki typically gets quite obnoxious when running around and
playing and just wants to find something to get into.  I would appreciate
it if anyone could help out in any way.  If you might be interested in
adopting them, we are located in the quad-city area (IA/IL)...please
respond by email if you're interested...may be willing to travel
distances to meet up with someone interested.

Thanks,
Amy