From:
Kelly Marscin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 22:06:02 EST
Hi everyone.  I just got my first ferret for Christmas and I have been in
love with ferrets for a long time now.  I think I know a lot about them
but something still puzzles me.  I read everybodies posts on FML and I
get scared.  It seems everybodies ferrets are getting sick all the time.
Do all ferrets die of some disease?  Or can they die of natural causes or
old age?  Are they really that prone to disease?  Maybe I'm just being
paranoid, but it scares me.  I wouldn't know what to do with myself if my
little Corona (fuzzbutt) got Alutians or any of the many cancers and
diseases that ferrets can get.  I would help her of course, but I still
want to know.  Is my Corona going to have a healthy life, or do all
ferrets get some kind of life-threatening disease?

Kelly and her new baby Corona