From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 06:27:11 -0500
Anastasia Kidd wrote:
>I fed him mush for a couple of weeks and then worked him over to hard
>kibble slowly.  He never squalled again either.

>I'm going to ask Yvonne about this theory and see if she can contact the
>other girl whose ferret has just been diagnosed with eosinophilic
>enteritis.  It will be interesting to collect the results.

Anastasia,
If you mean Yvonne DeCarlo, you're probably referring to my ferret,
Buckwheat, who was just diagnosed with EE (or EG).  As I posted to the
list the other day, I got Bucky when he was supposedly 6-7 weeks old, and
he was eating hard kibble; though I have no way of knowing whether he was
also weaned too early.

The interesting thing about Bucky, though, is that he's more sensitive to
things than any of my others.  He gets motion sickness easily, has always
hated having his nails clipped, etc.  he's not weak or wimpy; he's just
as wild and crazy as any of them, but he reacts to things with more
sensitivity.  He was also the first of my seven to have a vaccine reaction,
two years ago.  So I'm wondering if his heightened senstivity also includes
a food or parasite allergy that caused his EE.  Just conjecture on my part,
but I wonder if anyone else with EE has had similar observations.

Nancy and Critters