From:
bill and diane killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:03:27 -0500
>From:    Plashette <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Legal Asst from Anonymous
>---How dramatic can you be Jackie???  It amazes me you feel that the judge
>of the court is not capable of reviewing all the written proof and making
>a final decision.

Florida's courts have not exactly shown themselves to be beyond reproach
from the past couple months events.

>Are you saying; you are the only shelter mom out there who can give
>special feedings and encouragement???  I guess all you other shelter
>mom/dads should just close your doors b/c only Jackie can do it.

Those of us who run shelters do not get that message.  What we in
particular feel is that ferrets should stay in a home where they are
loved and well cared for.  That would be with Jackie in this case.

>---Nor do you have the money to run a shelter but somehow you do it.  I'd
>suggest you use your energy to take care of the other ferrets in your
>care and your current living arrangements.  You live in city limits - in
>a rental house, operating an unlicensed shelter and conduct the sale of
>products through your website.

You are making uncalled for ad hominen attacks.  You hurt the case for
Barbara more than for Jackie by your pettiness.  Your heroine is no
different in reegards the licensing as it's been stated.

>Fellow FMLers, this is a time of year for you to enjoy your family and
>friends.  Enjoy the holidays.

Such as for Jeremy and Ben to enjoy their family with Jackie.

>Subject: The truth about Ben & Jeremy
>First and foremost, Jim Higgins and Sue Thomas "do not have first hand
>experience" on this subject.....

You again with ad hominem attacks make your self look smaller than those
you attack.  Aren't you in Tennessee?

>---Yes, b/c a court judge had reviewed the case and ALL DOCUMENTS which
>PROVED these two ferrets were being held against their will by Jackie
>Hawley.

That is assinine.  Ferrets do not in law have free will.  They are treated
legally as property.  With no more or less of a will than a rutabaga.  If
Jackie was not informed of the court date then she could hardly have
presented her documents.  So it is undenable that not "ALL DOCUMENTS" had
been rpesented to the judge.

>---And only ONE person on this earth can provide these feedings????

That is not at all the point.  Jackie was carign for the ferret and has
bonded with them both.  That is far far more important than anything
presented by you an unknown.

>---Then why did Jackie Hawley REFUSE [...]

Why do we think this is not exactly the truth?

>---And you know this to be TRUE b/c of "what personal knowledge"??  If you
>live in south florida and she lives in north florida how is it that you
>know her daily schedule????

Are you spying on her?  How do YOU know her daily schedule?  Aren;t you a
bit futher away than South Florida?

>--I have seen no article written to date by the AFA,

The point is a future article in the AFR.  Of course you haven't seen it
yet as it hasn't been published.

>--I'd be careful speaking from your OPINION or the word of Jackie
>Hawley: "liable" remarks can get you into trouble.

Libel is not a problem here.  Else you wouldn't be making your defamatory
remarks.  Your comment there about Jackie is most certainly defamtory.

>--Let it be known that Jackie has allowed Ben and other ferrets have
>playtime in her den, with MANY ELECTRICIAL CORDS EXPOSED from her lamp
>and computer system.

"Let it be known" that this forum can not "let the record show".

Do you spend a lot of time in Jackie's home?  Perhaps you should spend time
shutting down all of the evil shelters that have computers such as ours and
nearly every shelter we have seen.

>In closing; Keep in mind Jim HIggins and Sue Thomas have no "honest first
>hand experience" of their stories......flame is all it is.

Their posts did not seem as inflammatory as your two.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets