From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:40:31 -0600
Hello all

We have a little tiny silver-mitt here at the shelter named Sandy, she
and her friend were found wandering loose in a parking lot and came here
to live.  I do not know her age but I believe and so does our vet that
she is older.  Maybe 6-7 years.  Anyway we went to the vet today because
little Sandy has a lump on her back leg.  This lump looks like a grape
under the skin, it appeared suddenly.  We can't see a bite mark or
scratch but she doesn't act like it bothers her in the least.  She is
eating and pooping just fine and walks, runs and weasel dances on it.
The only time it bothers her is when we hold her still to try to look at
it.  The vet sent us home with a round of antibiotics hoping that it is
something infected ie... a scratch or nip that we can't see because of
the swelling.  But it bothers me that it doesn't bother her.  I mean if
its an infected area it seems that it should hurt or make her feel bad.
Also if its a tumor of some sort it seems like it should hurt.  I know
that the fuzzies sometimes do not show pain but she doesn't even limp on
it and while I trust our vet I am concerned at the suddenness of its
appearance and the lack of discomfort.  Any input would be appreciated.

Kim the Coffee Creek gang