From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:43:41 -0700
I am involved with a small shelter and I have never been flamed before
but the post from Dory concerning our "non-helping" the one she helps at
hurt.  She wrote last week to us.  I had no idea who she was.  I have
been gathering facts and figures from our president and will present it
to her.  We do help the other shelter some but have not been asked to
provide her with volunteers, etc.  We will be having a picnic/fun fair
soon and will ask attendees to help out.

Our shelter and rescue group takes in unwanted ferrets, places ads for
losts and founds, provides assistance when needed for surgery, even for
ferrets of non-members, surgery for the new ones if needed, holds
low-cost vaccination clinics for the community, publishes a newsletter,
gets checkups and vaccinations for the intakes so they are up to date
before adopting out.  We have placed 27 ferrets in the last year (since
Jan.  1) If we only have a few listed on the web site it is because
that's all we have ready for adoption or that we haven't got to updating
it.  We are participating in a local animal fair for all kinds of
animals.  Food, litter, wear and tear on the cars are not always billed
to the club. (rarely.)  So I hope that settles some questions and we can
stop the name calling.

[CG]