From:
Monique Wall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 17:14:59 +1000
>Generally , I would imagine the 'rougher' lifestyle these ferrets have
>might lead to a 'winnowing out' of weaker strains, leaving those who are
>fittest for survival?

I too am Australian.  Canberra & Tasmania(where I am) are fairly simular in
Temps.  Erik is outside during the day but as soon as it even _starts_
getting cold he's bought inside.  If it's a cold wet day then he doesn't go
out at all but gets put in the only TOTALLY ferrret proof room in the house
which is the bathroom.  This room gets LOTS of natural light.  We leave the
shower dripping cold water so he has fresh water any time Erik wants( and
this also means that there's no upturned dishes!).  I agree with the
breeding idea.  Erik is NO where near as big as other Ferrets I've seen on
the net, I put this down to his age but now I'm not so sure!!  Tasmania is
not big on pet Ferrets, 90% are working ferrets, which is what Eriks parents
are(is this an FLO mission to take over Tasmania??!  I'm sure some one
recruited Erik when I wasn't looking!!).

Just my $0.02 worth.

Monique (Where's my bankcard? It was in my jeans before I got in the
shower!!?)
&
Erik ( Recruit Erik here, mission complete, funds on the way!!!)