From:
Katie Lee Bottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:50:47 EST
I really hope BIG will post this but I need to get it out.  If someone
asks you for advice give them advice.  I don't know about everyone else
on this list but I was taught that if you cant say anything nice don't
say anything at all.  I have asked for advice a few time since I bought
my Juliet about three weeks ago.  some answers were very helpful.  Some
were kind of know-it-all, but not mean.  but if I receive one more vicious
email I will be forced to unsubscribe and join another list where people
have heart.  I was told today that if I didn't want to pay $23 for a book
(which I could have bought Juliet new toys with that money) than I
shouldn't have a ferret.  how incredibly rude and naive!  I have given
Juliet my heart and soul.  I am so incredibly happy to be blessed to have
her.  If any one wants to say I am irresponsible for trying to make her
happy than maybe that person shouldn't have ferrets.

I am so so sorry to those of you who had to read this because of one
person, but I wanted everyone to know.

Katie Lee & Juliet

[Moderator's note: This isn't going to sound right at first, but please
let me explain.

I think the problem is that some people have a rather odd way of phrasing
things.  I actually had the same thought: "Huh?  If Katie can't spend $23
for a book which could save a lot more than that on vet bills, how is she
able to spend $50 for vaccinations etc."

I don't at all mean that in a bad way and I do actually understand how
difficult it is to "make ends meet."  If you can save a few dollars on
a book, by all means do so.  But my gut reaction was: you NEED something
like that book.  If you could get it for $15 great.  But if you MUST
spend $23 then do it!  Good information will save you many times over.
It is NOT an option.

Unfortunately some people may word this even more poorly than I did and
can really get you angry.  I think their hearts are in the right place but
their language skills may leave something to be desired.  Please judge
them by their love for the ferrets' well-being.  BIG]