From:
Wendy C Bollinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 19:38:39 EST
Hi all!  There's been a lot of food discussion on here lately, and I've
noticed several people mention Science Diet as a good food.  I'm kinda
confused.  The first ingredient, which I was told made up about 75% of the
food, is _CORN_!  This is a plant product, i.e. protein that is difficult
to digest.  Is there some other reason that those of you who reccomend it do
so?  While I worked at the pet store, I was always led to believe that
Science Diet was just a step above grocery store food.  Granted, this was by
other pet food reps & so should be taken with a grain of salt.:) My own
fuzzie was being fed Science Diet _LIGHT_ cat food when I got her.  I
finally got her to switch to Kaytee Forti-Diet, and now onto Marshal Farms
Ferret foods.  She does occassionally, well ok, everytime I let her out &
forget to pick up the cats bowl :), get NutroMax Natural cat food.  (I think
she likes to hide it more than eat it though!) I have had Reeba since
August, and have had to make _2_ new holes in her collar!

Funny story: The other day Reeba decided that it would be quite fun to play
the "Worry Mommy" game.  She went ot sleep under the dresser, completely out
of reach, and stayed there for quite some time.  Not a problem.  I finally
needed to put her up and took the squeaky into the bedroom to lure her out.
I squeaked & called for 20-30 minutes!  Not a sound from the dresser.  She
had on her hareness & bell, so I'd hear if she moved.  The bad part about
all of this is that I had had a window open w/out the screen on that there
was maybe a 1% chance of her being able to jump out.  I had heard her bell
shortly before closing the window, but was still getting paranoid!  What
must the neighbors have thought when I leaned out the window squeaking that
@#$&%%$#@ squeaky toy!:) Finally the bright idea dawns--one of Reeba's fave
treats is peanut butter.  I got a coat hanger, stuck it in the jar, &
lowered it behind the dresser.  It took a couple of minutes, but Sleeping
Beauty finally arose & claimed life again!  She still wouldn't come out form
behind the dresser.  My SO finally returned from the store, and moved the
dresser for me.  Note--this was _after_ I had drained 15 of the 20 gallons
of water from my fish tank, moved the TV, & taken all the drawers out!  We
retrieved the Furred One--back asleep again--and put her in her cage.  The
dreser was replaced so that it was flush against the wall with no possible
fuzzy enterances.  We released the Sleeping Wonder and let her back into the
bedroom.  She didn't even _LOOK_ at the dresser!!  It was as if she knew
that Mom was pissed & had fixed her.  Now she is trying to figure out how to
work the Tardis she found on my husbands "Dr.  Who Club" shirt form college.
I'm sure she plans to use it not only to return behind the dresser, but to
also further THE CAUSE.  Be warned!:)

Kissees to all furred ones,
Wendy <Reeba, _PLEEEEZE_ come out!!>
Reeba <Head Ferret, will have Tardis working soon.  Will gather all ferrets
      for Great Meeting!>